Thursday, January 8, 2009

General Taos Tofu

I have tried and failed miserably with tofu on more then one occasion. I keep it in the pantry just in case I get a wild hair to try it again. But I am glad I did. See I have had tofu I like. When we go to whole foods (which is only like once a year) we normally eat at their salad/ hot bar which I know is very expensive but its a treat. I had some tofu there that I really liked and couldn't figure out how to make it at home. But I have finally figured out a recipe (that isn't dessert) that I can cook the tofu myself. I am so excited!!!! I can try it this way in so many recipes. Only a couple times a month though because of all the grease. But This opens my eyes and tells me that I can eat tofu without gaging...lol So here it is...

General Taos Tofu from Veg web.....
I added some green peppers and used low sodium soy sauce instead.... Click the link above to get the recipe.
The tofu Fried. After being dipped in egg replacer and cornstarch....Yummy. I could yet this without anything. But it is pretty greasy so I will definitely restrain myself.
This is after everything was added. Right before plating. And last but not least the yummy finish.. We loved this stuff. John is even taking the left overs for lunch tomorrow... Go try this recipe.. Its really good.!!!


Update: As I sit here eating my left overs I do miss all the sauce from last night. So If you are going to leave some of this for left overs make extra sauce ( If your sauce was thick like mine).

No comments:

Post a Comment